Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ramblings

Hello everyone. My brain has had so much staff that i would love to share but never got to put them down. Now here is my chance.

I have been thinking a lot about culture and tradition, how much it influences who we are and how sometimes we tend to shun away from culture and tradition. This was inspired by the therapist when she came to visit and it is a whole topic on its own.

Now something i would really love to chat about, things i remember if i were to write my birth stories. Suprisingly, i seem to remember very little and as a result i have decided to put the little i do remember down. Do not worry, it is not going to be gross.

I started feeling that something was happening around 12 midnight on the 2nd of July 2008. I decided to ignore it and went back to sleep. Around 2 a.m. I woke up again just to discover that i was losing my mucous plug and that i was in more severe pain than before. I woke up tata who woke up the Business Administrator (BA) and my oldest sister, BA's mom who had come to be with me and wait for her latest nephew. We all got dressed and we went to the hospital. The nurses did not believe i was in labour because i was busy chatting, laughing and smiling. It was not until i started throwing up and was hooked up on the monitors that they believed that i was in labour. The progress was very low but the pain excruciating. I was determined to go all natural. By the way, my waters were still intact. When my OB came to check on me, he told me he might have to break my waters artificially. This time i was really scared. You see, the labour room was kinda of scary. There were hooks, plungers, siscors and other scary staff everywhere. I think that is what caused my blood pressure to go yoyo. I remember my sis running to fetch a nurse cause i was sweating and felt like i could not breath. Anyways, when OB came back to check on me, i agreed on an epidural so he could break my waters. An aneasthetist did his part and within no time i could not feel a thing in the lower part of my body. I also forgot to mention that Faritle's heart beat was also yoyoing. It was then discovered that there was meconium in the waters so i had to be wheeled to the theatre for an emergency c-sec. Around 2 my sweet little miracle was born. That is what i remember about Faritle's birth. More about what happened after in coming posts. He was born at 40 weeks.

Nesu was a different story. I knew from about thirty weeks that i was going to have a c-sec. One thing that i did not like, which made me shudder, it still does was the idea of not feeling my legs. Serously, it still scares me. That is one thing that makes me have second thoughts about giving birth again. Anyways, because i had not gone for hospital tour, i was at the hospital by 8:30a.m. The date that i was given coincided with the day that the hospital gave its maternity and labour ward tours. I was suppose to be in theatre by four in the afternoon but had to wait until half six. I was super excited and nervous at the same time. Tata, my mummy and tete N were there with me. We went to the theatre and by seven that evening Nesu was born. It was good seeing my little angel for the first time. I forgot to mention again, my blood pressure was yoyoing again but i came through it again stronger and with more faith. More on the after-math later.

Now that this is off my chest, more is to come.

Stay blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I love hearing from you all the time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...